Are you 40+ and feeling like your body isn’t the body you’ve known your whole life?
As a “Third-Age Woman,” you might be wondering how you can:
- burn fat efficiently
- exercise for functional fitness
- balance hormones
- eat healthfully and with satisfaction
- maintain bone density
- improve sleep
- ask your physician the right questions
- create a lifestyle that supports your wellness
As a certified specialist wellness coach for perimenopausal and beyond women, Coach Karen can help!
It’s so frustrating to feel like you don’t have anyone to talk to about the change of life (other than friends), and also to get shut down by your provider when you go to them with a problem. I feel like I have a better way to seek out information now, and I’m on the road to figuring out what my new normal is.
SURVIVE & THRIVE is a six-week workshop in which you will assess your baseline health and wellness, receive focused wellness education covering the above topics (and MORE), and learn fitness workouts appropriate for the perimenopausal body.
I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to participate in the Survive & Thrive workshop. The workshop was informative, interesting, and fun! It was just what I needed, a perfect way to celebrate and prepare for the next phase of adulthood. I feel I have gained the knowledge and know how to tackle everyday challenges of being a woman and mom on the threshold of menopause.
Survive & Thrive workshop series includes:
- Six online modules released weekly, each one including wellness education specific to the physiology of menopause (Details Below)
- Each module contains multiple short, quick-to-watch videos so you can learn in small pockets of time
- A workbook custom-designed for this workshop to help you take notes that are meaningful to you AND thoughtfully assess what your next steps can be
- Four fitness workouts written with the perimenopausal woman in mind: effective, efficient, and no gym membership required
- Snack & meal recipe ideas of easy-to-prepare, nourishing foods that will satisfy your cravings and help balance your hormones
- A weekly LIVE interactive webinar (which will be recorded & sent to all participants) to review the module content, ask questions, and share experiences with the group
- An invitation to join Karen’s Facebook group for sharing questions, resources, struggles, and victories with the SURVIVE & THRIVE community
I was stuck in a rut and making bad choices. Taking this class gave me useful information and tools to slowly start the change into making good choices. And giving myself some time for myself. I am much happier making better choices based on all the information I gathered from this class. Thanks to Karen and the wealth of information, I’m on a good path!Brenda J.
Survive & THRIVE Winter 2018 kicks off Monday, January 15, 2018. Reserve your place NOW!
Because SURVIVE & THRIVE includes mindful movement as part of the workshop, it is imperative you have physician clearance to exercise before enrolling in the workshop. All workouts can be modified to suit a wide range of fitness abilities, but if you have significant limiting injuries or health issues, private coaching is a better fit for you.
Karen thank you so much for the new perspective about perimenopause while making it fun and enjoyable at the same time! I really valued learning about "what the heck is going with my body?!?!" It was really helpful to know that I'm not the only one going through these changes!
Course tuition is non-refundable.
You may apply your course tuition towards private coaching if you decide immediately following Module 1 that Survive & THRIVE is not for you, provided you show proof of engagement with the workbook and course discussion module.
Karen Shopoff Rooff has been working in women's fitness & wellness since founding Balance Personal Fitness Training in 2008.
She holds certifications as a personal trainer, perinatal fitness specialist, aqua Kriya yoga and prenatal Kriya yoga instructor. Karen is also a Third Age women's wellness coach and ACE certified Health Coach.
The information presented in this workshop does not take the place of a licensed health care provider. Karen Shopoff Rooff and Balance Personal Fitness Training, LLC disclaim liability for health issues that arise during the workshop and beyond as related to information presented in Self-Care: Beyond the Bathtub.
Questions? Write to Coach Karen: email@example.com